We are highly committed to the wellbeing of our children and the professional development of our staff.
We are currently looking for an experienced Nursery Practitioner in our Holland Park branch, and a Hebrew speaking Nursery Teacher in our Hampstead Garden Suburb branch, and an experienced Nursery Chef in our Holland Park branch.
We offer competitive salaries contingent on experience and qualifications, and access to training and professional development. Additionally, you will benefit from a free lunch every day, shorter Fridays and 45 days of paid holiday per year.
Nursery Practitioner, Holland Park
Purpose of the Role:
- To oversee the learning, development and attainment of the children’s progress within the nursery and to ensure a holistic and individual approach to the children’s learning.
- To be responsible for creating a stimulating environment to support, nurture and inspire children’s development and learning.
- To demonstrate experience, knowledge and skill to teach in line with the EYFS curriculum and the Keren’s Nursery unique educational curriculum, which you will play an integral part in establishing and embedding.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Minimum level 3 childcare qualification
- Experience in caring for young children aged 0-5 years.
- The ability to manage a group of children.
- Experience in assessing children’s development and planning activities to support their on-going attainment and growth.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for this position
Nursery Teacher, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Hebrew Speaking
Responsible to: Room Leader/Nursery Deputy Manager/Nursery Manager.
Purpose of the Job: To work as a key person and as a part of the nursery team under the direction of the room leader to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children. To maintain a stimulating, enjoyable and clean environment.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
- To help set up the playrooms for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that the nursery, all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- To advise the room leader of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To attend staff meetings.
- To attend training courses as required.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff members, which is required as part of your role.
- To keep up-to-date with current good practice.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the room leader or nursery manager, in accordance with the nursery business objectives.
- Willingness to learn.
- CACHE Level 3 Certificate in pre-school practice or equivalent.
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
- Previous experience of working with young children.
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
- Commitment to young children and families.
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- Health clearance for the job.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good customer awareness
Experienced Nursery Chef, Holland Park
Applicants must have previous school or nursery experience
Purpose of the Role
- To be totally responsible for managing the smooth daily running of the kitchen, working as part of a team to ensure the safety and welfare of the children.
- To be responsible for the overall food preparation and cooking of food. To be responsible for the ordering of food supplies in order to meet the menu requirements and in line with the budgetary constraints.
It is essential that the post holder has the skills and abilities to produce high quality nutritious meals using fresh ingredients on the day. Working knowledge of dietary requirements and restrictions to foods is essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To manage the kitchen following the entire business management system at all times, strictly complying with all statutory and legal requirements so that all food and drink needs are met.
- Take ownership for all tasks duties and responsibilities and ensure they are completed on time.
- To ensure excellent communication within the nursery and beyond
- To provide high quality nutritious freshly prepared meals and snack in line with food safety regulations and best practice guides.
- To be responsible for maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies.
- Accept and put deliveries away following the correct manual handling techniques.
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by your line manager.
- To cater for parent events and team training, as directed.
Chosen candidates will be required to attend an interview and prepare and cook one of the nursery’s main meals and dessert. All ingredients and recipes will be provided.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.