We are highly committed to the well-being of our children and the professional development of our staff.
We are currently looking for two nine-month Maternity Cover roles; L3 Nursery Practitioner for the 2 – 2.5 year olds starting in May 2021, and an L3 Nursery Practitioner for the 18 months to 2 years room starting in September, both at our Hampstead Garden Suburb branch.
Starting salary for both positions, £19,500.
Please send your full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Applications without a full CV will not be considered.
About the Roles
Our excellent package includes a very competitive salary. You’ll work shorter Fridays every week, have over 40 days of paid holidays per year, and lunches are also provided. You’ll also have access to our incredible in-house programme of continuous training and professional development to keep your skills up to date.
This is a unique chance to shape the daily lives of children at our popular nursery in the heart of Holland Park.
Applicants must have a legal right to work in the UK.
Level 3 qualification in childcare preferred.
Located at our Hampstead Garden Suburb branch in Lyttelton Playing Fields, N2.
Job Title: Nursery Practitioner
Responsible to: Room Leader/Nursery Deputy Manager/Nursery Manager.
Purpose of the Job: To work as a key person and as a part of the nursery team under the direction of the room leader to provide safe, high-quality education and care for young children. To maintain a stimulating, enjoyable and clean environment.
1. To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
2. To help set up the playrooms for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that the nursery, all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
3. To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
4. To advise the room leader of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
5. To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
6. To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
7. To attend staff meetings.
8. To attend training courses as required.
9. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families, or other staff members, which is required as part of your role.
10. To keep up-to-date with current good practices.
11. To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the room leader or nursery manager, in accordance with the nursery business objectives.
1. Willingness to learn.
2. CACHE Level 3 Certificate in pre-school practice or equivalent.
3. A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
4. Previous experience of working with young children.
5. Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
6. Commitment to young children and families.
7. Friendly, flexible approach.
8. Health clearance for the job.
9. Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
10. Good customer awareness
If you’re ready for the next step in your career, please send your full cv and cover letter to email@example.com.